ACOM 1200S 1.2 kW Solid State Amplifier
Please contact our Sales Line 01226 361 700 for availabilty.
The demand is high at this current time for Acom Amplifiers.
ACOM 1200S 1.2 kW Solid State Amplifier
The very latest Amplifier from Acom, this is a real beauty with 1200W output and frequency coverage from 1.8 to 54 MHz.
With a five inch (108 x 65 mm) high resolution colour display, 800 x 480 pixels and 24-bits colours its easy to see what is happening.
The final stage uses field effect (MOSFET) transistors type BLF188 from NXP. They are designed to withstand high mismatch (SWR) at the output and intended for operation in aerospace, industrial, mobile, and radio broadcast applications.
The Acom 1200S is compatible with all transceiver models available on the market as it does not need any special control signals just ground on transmit with your PTT and apply 50W of RF drive power and it will work fine.
The Acom 1200S has a broadband input circuit providing a perfect transceiver load with SWR below 1.2:1 (typically 1.1:1), without re tuning throughout the whole frequency range from 1.8 to 54MHz
The overall operation of ACOM 1200S is extremely simplified: the screen menus are intuitive and easy to follow and no special skill is required from the operator when changing frequency bands
Possibility of automatic control when connected to a transceiver with a CAT interface, the amplifier monitors constantly, duly follows the operating frequency, and changes the bands accordingly.
Even if not connected with CAT interface, the amplifier monitors the frequency of the input signal through the built-in frequency counter and automatically switches over the bands.
Remotely controlled by RS232 interface.
Takes care of itself during operation due to the continuously working protection circuits in all modes.
The operator can monitor digitally more than 10 parameters concerning the working regime of the amplifier.
Easy maintenance detailed data (55 parameters) about each of the last 28 hard-fault protection trips is stored in the amplifier’s non-volatile memory.
Convenient for expeditions and field operation: extremely compact and light construction, extended mains voltage range (93V÷265V), limited inrush current and purely sinusoidal consumed mains current, automatic Power Factor Correction (PFC) all significant parameters in operation from unstable mains, generators etc. features achieved thanks to the built-in switching mode power supply (SMPS).
Perfect electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) both with the highly sensitive as well as with the powerful appliances in the radio station (receivers, computers, more amplifiers) exceeding the standard EMC requirements due to the use of PFC and the built-in additional radio-frequency filters.
- Rated output power: 1000W +/-0.5dB, PEP or continuous carrier (1200W typically).
- Covers 1.8 to 54 MHz
- Inter-modulation distortions (IMD3): better than 30dB below the rated PEP output.
- Harmonic and parasitic emissions output suppression: better than 60dB (65dB typically).
- Input and output impedances: nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- input circuit: broadband, SWR below 1.2:1 (1.1:1 typically); 1.8 to 54 MHz continuous range without retuning or switching;
- RF by-pass path SWR – below 1.1:1, 1.8 – 54 MHz;
- admissible SWR at the output load (the antenna): up to 3:1 with proportional power reduction and up to 1.5:1 for full output power;
- RF power gain: 13dB +/-1dB;
- Mains power supply voltage: 93V to 265V AC without switching;
- Mains power consumption at full output power:2000VA or less with a power factor of 0.95 or higher;
- Mains power consumption in Low Energy (waiting) mode: less than 1VA;
- Complies with EU safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility standards, as well as with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules;
- Environment working conditions:
- temperature range: -10 C to +40 C (14 F to 104 F);
- relative air humidity: up to 95% @ 35 C (95 F);
- Dimensions (projections not included) and weight, operating: (D x W x H) 418 x 372 x 162 mm (16,46 x 14,65 x 6,38 In); 12 kg (26.5 Lbs)