Icom IC-R20 Scanner Used Twelve Months Warranty | LAMCO Barnsley
Boxed in great condition. Includes the battery ‘No warranty on the battery‘ spare three section battery holder, charger, manual and antenna.
IC-R20 Communications Receiver
The IC-R20 handheld receiver has many advanced features incorporated into its clean stylish design including dual watch; built in digital (audio) recorder function; wideband coverage in all modes; high speed scan capability and a standard Lithium Ion battery. The IC-R20 will appeal to such users as scanner hobbyists, security/surveillance companies, government agencies and other professional users.
Ultra wideband receiver
The IC-R20 is the first handheld receiver which covers 150 kHz to 3304.999MHz in SSB and CW modes as well as AM, FM, WFM modes.
The IC-R20 is a dualwatch receiver, which allows you to receive two channels simultaneously. You can listen to a broadcast station, TV audio, ham marine, aviation or utility communications, while scanning or even monitoring another channel. With two tuning knobs on the top of the receiver, operation such as tuning a channel while listening to another channel is made easy; the large display shows both band settings.
**1 FM, WFM and AM modes only from 470-3304.999MHz.
*2 When receiving in dualwatch, the combination of channels is limited to 150 kHz to 469.999MHz (VFO A) and 118MHz to 174.999MHz to 1304.999MHz (VFO B)
Built-in 260 minute Digital (audio) recorder
The IC-R20 has a built-in 32MB Digital (audio) recorder*1, which allows you to record received audio for up to 260 minutes. The IC recorder is useful in a variety of ways, like recording wireless microphone audio at a meeting. Recording qualities are selectable from HQ, SP and LP modes and playing speed is adjustable from ×0.5 to ×1.5. Used with the optional CS-R20, you can transfer the recorded contents to your PC and store them*2.
*1 Records received radio audio only Cannot record external speech etc
*2 Cannot play recorded contents on your computer
100 channel/sec, high speed scan
The IC-R20 has a 100* channel/sec, ultra high speed scan capability. This superior scanning power allows the utmost efficiency when searching over 3GHz of spectrum! *During VFO scan
Auto memory write scan
Auto memory write scan for a signal, when a signal is detected the received frequency is automatically stored onto an auto memory write channel bank. Up to 200 auto memory write channels are available.
Total of 1250 memory channels, 26 memory banks with 8-character comment
The IC-R20 has 100 regular channels (includes 10 pre-set channel), 50 scan edges, 200 auto memory write scan and 70 TV (audio) channel memories. Each regular channel stores an 8-character alphanumeric name, including 5 icons, modes, tone frequency, skip information and so on. Icom’s DMS (Dynamic Memory Scan) system divides these memories into 26 groups, A to Z, and allows you to scan selected banks by simply adding and deleting bank links. The Pre-set channel memorises up to 10 of your favourite channels for easy recall. In addition, TV channels and short wave broadcast stations are pre-programmed.
11 hours* of continuous receive capability
The IC-R20 has a very effective power saving design for long operation. A lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-206 provides 11 hours of continuous receive* and when used with the power saving function, longer operating periods are possible. Power by AC adapter or optional cigarette lighter cable is also possible and the Li-Ion battery pack is simultaneously charged during operation.
* FM mode, at Max. AF audio.
Built-in ferrite bar antenna for AM and earphone cord antenna for FM broadcasts
A built-in ferrite bar antenna clearly catches AM broadcast stations with good sensitivity. When you listen to FM broadcast stations with the optional earphone, SP-13, the antenna type is selectable from cord or whip in set mode.
VSC, CTCSS and DTCS tone squelch
The VSC (Voice squelch control) opens the squelch only when a modulated signal is detected and ignores unmodulated, beat noise signals. The CTCSS and DTCS tones provide quiet stand-by while waiting for a matched tone signal. This is convenient for monitoring a specified repeater, station, etc. Tone scan detects a tone frequency used in a channel. The pocket beep function alerts you with a beep sound when a matched tone signal is received.
Easily find busy channels or unoccupied frequencies within a specified bandwidth (from 1 kHz to 100 kHz). All signals are visually shown on the screen and AF output is emitted while sweeping the range.
PC programming capability
With the optional CS-R20 cloning software, memory contents such as frequencies, channel name, bank name, set mode items, etc can be easily programmed. A USB cable is supplied with the CS-R20 to enable you to connect to a PC.
Noise reduction functions
• Noise blanker (SSB, CW)…Eliminates pulse type noise.
• ANL (Auto Noise Limiter, AM only)…Reduces noise components.
• AF Filter…A low pass filter for suppressing high tone audio, and reduces high tone distortion.
• Attenuator and RF gain control…30dB (approx.) of attenuator and RG gain control are built-in.
• AFC function (Auto Frequency Control)…Allows you to help fine tune the FM band “<” or “>” are shown on the display showing the direction of actual signal.
- Dualwatch capability (in selected bands)
- 0.150 to 3304.999MHz wideband coverage in SSB,CW,AM,FM,WFM modes
- Built-in 260 minute digital (audio) recorder
- High speed scanning – 100ch/sec (VFO scan)
- Total of 1250 memory channels
- Standard Lithium-Ion battery that allows up to 11 hours of continuous receive capability (FM mode, single receive)
- Operation and charging from an external power source
- Built-in ferrite bar antenna for AM and earphone cord antenna for FM broadcasts
- VSC,CTCSS and DTCSS tone squelch
- Useful bandscope
- Optional CT-17, CI-V controller for PC remote control
- Dial speed up function…When rotating the tuning knob rapidly, the tuning speed automatically speeds up.
- Scan pause setting (2-20 seconds and hold) and scan resume (0-5 seconds and hold) setting.
- Auto power off (30-120 minutes and busy)….Busy setting turns off the IC-R20 when signal is received for 3 minutes.
- Various key lock functions…All, No SQL, No VOL and Normal lock settings.
- Rotary selector and up/down buttons are reversible.